The role of the Parish Council
Purse Caundle Parish Council is a corporate body with various roles, responsibilities and duties:
- To represent the views of the community
- To support activity in the community
- To provide relevant services to the community where it has a legal power or duty to do so.
- To hold at least four meetings a year
- To appoint a Clerk to carry out the Council’s functions
- To manage the Council’s finances in line with accounts and audit regulations and appoint a responsible financial officer (RFO). For Purse Caundle, the Clerk is also the RFO.
- To maintain a Freedom of Information Act publication scheme
- To consider the impact of their decisions on Crime and Disorder
- To follow the requirements of the Equalities Act 2010
- To consider biodiversity
- To consider the health and safety of the public and council employees
- To act in accordance with the law
- To elect a chairman
- To be a good employer